It is important to note that not all aspects of this Policy may apply to you, depending on the types of interactions you have with us and the categories of personal information that we collect from you. Those activities will determine which of the following applies to you and your personal information.
Please read the following very carefully. Your continued use of the Sites following the posting of any amendment, modification or change shall constitute your acceptance thereof. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Sites.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our Policy or practices, please contact us as provided in the “Contact us” section below.
Our Policy Explains:
- What information we collect.
- How we collect your information.
- How we use and share your information.
- How we store and your information.
- What are your data protection rights?
- Our commitment to children’s privacy.
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies.
- Links to other websites and content
- California Residents’ Rights
- General Data Protections Rights (GPDR)
- Contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
The information we collect
The information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with the Sites, your account settings, the products and features you use, your location, and the applicable law. We collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address, location, browser type, computer settings or most-recently visited URL. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out a survey or a registration form. The types of information that may be requested in such a submission include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and your age.
On some of our pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. While you ship, we track the products you have viewed. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Credit/Debit Card Information
Any financial information (like credit card number and expiration date) we collect is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the additional types of personal information collected are your recipient’s:
How we collect your information
You directly provide us with most of the information we collect. We collect and process information when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on our Sites or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners.
Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links).
How we use and share your information
In general, we will only use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which such information was provided. We collect your information so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account and order, and prevent fraud.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Contact you with promotions and special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Improve our store offerings and customer service.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
When we process your orders, we send your data to our payment processors. We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal or Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. We will generally not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy policies. These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
We may also send your information to third parties who ship orders, or verify identities for fraud prevention purposes. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your information.
If you have agreed to receive marketing materials from us, you may always opt out later. We may contact you via email and text message in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to the Sites and this Policy.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for these marketing purposes. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings or texts from us by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below.
Third Parties Generally
Generally, we do not disclose your personal information, and where we do, we will identify to whom and for what purposes the disclosure will be made and will obtain your consent to such disclosure. In any case, we only disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law.
Service Providers and Personal Information. Aside from disclosures, we may use service providers (including our affiliates) to help us operate our business and our Sites and to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails and texts, fulfilling orders and conducting contests and promotions. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes. For instance, if you participate in a contest, game or loyalty program resulting in a prize or award, we may share personal information about you with our contest and merchandise fulfillment and management agencies to conduct contests and promotional activities on our behalf. Each of our service providers is required by contract or other binding means to comply with our privacy standards to protect the privacy of your personal information, and to only handle your personal information for our purposes (and not for its own purposes).
Ad Networks and Anonymous Information. We may have relationships with third party service providers known as Ad Networks to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Using cookies and similar technologies (such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear GIFs”), Ad Networks collect anonymous information about your visits to our Sites and other websites in order to deliver advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. This process does not involve the collection of any personal information. For example, the Ad Networks do not know your name, phone number, address or email address and we do not share any personal information about you with these Ad Networks.
How we store your information
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We operate internationally and may transfer your personal information to third parties in locations around the world for the purposes described in this Policy. Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. These steps may include implementing standard contractual clauses where recognized by law, obtaining your consent, or other lawful means of transferring personal information.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your user account;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including by contacting us as provided in the “Contact us” section below, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us as provided in the “Contact us” section below.
Our commitment to children’s privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we never knowingly market to, or solicit information, provide products or services to, or collect information from or about children under the age of 13 (or 16 in the EU). No part of our Sites are structured to attract anyone under the age of 13. We do not condone the participation of anyone under the age of 13 (or 16 in the EU) in any of the Sites’ services, products or experiences.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a user under the age of 13 (or 16 in the EU) as part of the Sites, we will delete such information from our records as soon as possible. By using the Sites, you hereby represent you are at least 18 years old.
What are Cookies?
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Sites features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites and content
California Residents’ Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) California residents have certain rights regarding their personally identifiable information. If you would like to exercise these rights on or after January 1, 2020, please contact us using the email address, toll free phone number, or physical mailing address listed within the Contact Us section below. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. It may take us some time to respond to your request, but we will do so within the requirements of the CCPA.
This Policy provides you disclosure regarding the personal information we collect from you and the purposes for doing so. Please see the section titled “The information we collect.”
- We do not sell your personal information as provided under the CCPA.
- Right to request disclosure as to personal information we have collected about you:
- Upon a verifiable request, made through one of the methods provided within the “Contact us” section below, we will disclose to you the items listed below, one or more of which may be provided by reference to this Policy:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about the you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business purpose behind collecting the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared the information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to request deletion: upon a verifiable request, made through one of the methods provided within the “Contact us” section below, we will delete personal information we have regarding you and direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records, to the extent provided by the CCPA.
- Right to be free from discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Please keep in mind that under certain circumstances, we may charge you a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
General Data Protection Rights (“GDPR”)
We do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of our Sites, content, products and/or services is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant regulations.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), or are accessing this site from within the EEA, you may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of; portability of; and restriction or objection to processing, of your personal data, from us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.”
To make any of these requests, please contact us as set out in the “Contact us” section below.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the information we collect, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us. We may request that you provide us with sufficient identification before granting you access to information regarding the existence, use or disclosure of your personal information. Any such identification information shall be used only for this purpose.
Email us at: email@example.com
PO BOX 99900
EQ 896 002 RPO
How to contact the appropriate authorities
You also may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.